Saturday, May 10, 2008

Coming of Age Where The Bones Start to Creak

Birthdays are always nice.

Family and friends gather for a mass pigging session. But as one progresses with age, some reduces the festivity to a private affair.


I was lucky to be treated to an exclusive dinner on my birthday and to be quite honest, if it weren't a treat, I would never have set foot into the restaurant.


view of the marina area from Jaan



Fancy names aside, this was what I had for dinner that night.


Cinderella mocktail


Breadstick starter with Goat Cheese and Eggplant Dip


Cream and Mocha Soup - complimentary of Jaan

Foie Grass

Lobster Tempura


Ox-Tail Soup

Fish with Potato Springroll


Sirloin Cube Steak


Dessert Part 1 - Chocolate

Dessert Part 2 - Vanilla Ice Cream & Caramel Peanut Bar


The food was great and all but given a choice, I would still prefer to pig out with friends and family over cheap roadside food fares.

No comments: