Monday, November 17, 2008

Nah....Could Be Better

There was a time when the mere mention of Jack's Place brings back fond memories of savoury beef steaks. Back then, it was a luxury to dine in such a restaurant and the impression remains with me till recently.

So while I was scouting for a casual lunch venue one fine Saturday, it came as an extravagance when a suggestion was made to lunch at Jack's Place. I was still resisting the idea until I glimpsed at the menu and it came as a surprise to me that the price is actually quite affordable.

I was full of anticipation after I gave my order and couldn't wait to relive the fond memories of the juicy steak....

When it finally came, I was all armed with my knife and fork. The moment my teeth sank into the piece of meat, I was like "wait a minute....". The second and third mouthful only confirmed my doubt.... I have had better ones....

I'm still not sure if one's taste bud evolves with age? Like the concept of money, when it used to be a great deal to be able to save $50 in a year, it is now barely sufficient to even last me for a week.


Gone were the days....

No comments: