Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Japanese Cheesecake - Take 2 & Take 3!

I tried out the recipe for the Japanese Cheesecake as posted in an earlier blog entry and found to my dismay that while it is generally a good idea to use a cake tin with removable base in most instances (it saves the hassle of laying the base with baking paper), it is quite the opposite in this case.

The recipe calls for the placement of the cake tin in a water bath during baking and seemingly, it's quite "fill-in-the-blank" of me to use a cake tin with removable base. So in the end, the base of the cake was wet and I guess I could have baked for a longer period of time as the top of the cake is still quite moist to the touch.



On the second day following the flop attempt, I used a 'normal' rectangular cake tin and baked for a longer period of time, checking the cake with a wooden stick from time to time. This time, it turned out better. :)



Moral of the story: "Cutting corners to save a little effort could end up with disastrous result" or simply put in Singaporean term "It's okay to be smart, but don't ever try to act smart!"

No comments: