In Singapore, there's Jamie Tay who's also an avid cook! :)
Was treated to prawn pasta one fine Saturday afternoon and here's a low down of the 'secret' recipe!
garlic - finely chopped
fresh prawns - shelled (keep the prawn heads)
one can of whole tomatoes - skinned
one can of button mushroom
2 tbs red wine
2 tbs olive oil
dash of sugar
dash of salt
dash of pepper
dash of dried oregano leaves
(1) In a saucepan, fry the finely chopped garlic in olive oil till golden brown
(2) Add in the can of skinned tomatoes and button mushrooms. Depending on your preference, you might want to finely chop the tomatoes and mushrooms or have them in larger pieces.
(3) Add in the prawn heads
(4) Add the shelled prawns
(5) Add the red wine, salt, sugar, pepper and oregano leaves to taste
(6) In a separate pot, cook sphagetti in salted water.
(7) Add the sphagetti to the tomato-based sauce and cook for a minute or so
(8) Serve in a plate garnished with fresh salad at the side