Raspberry Crunch Cake
150g caster sugar
250g self-raising flour (sifted)
250g fresh raspberries
100g brown sugar
125g chopped butter
50g chopped almond (I used almond slices instead)
(1) Grease a 22cm diameter baking tin, lining the bottom with baking paper. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
(2) Prepare the crunchy top by rubbing the flour, butter and brown sugar together in a bowl until it resembles coarse breadcrubs. Set aside.
(3) For the cake, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
(4) Add the eggs one at a time, beating to mix them in.
(5) Continue beating while adding the sifted flour and the milk a little at a time. The mixture should look like a thick batter.
(6) Pour the cake mixture into the prepared baking tin and sprinkle the raspberries on top, slightly pressing them into the cake batter.
(7) Sprinkle the crunchy topping evenly over the raspberries
(8) Lastly, scatter the almonds across the top.
(9) Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
(+) Simply ingredients and very easy to make
(-) This cake is a little too heavy for my liking
(=) It is more suitable for serving on the same day to a group of about 8-10 people otherwise the top would lose it's crunchiness overnight.