PANDAN CHIFFON CAKE
2. Separate egg into egg yolks and egg whites.
3. In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, pandan extract, green food colouring. Set aside.
5. Beat in coconut/pandan extract mixture.
6. Sift and combine flour, baking powder and salt.
7. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and whisk egg mixture into flour mixture.
9. Fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/egg yolk mixture.
10. Gently pour batter into an ungreased 9" or 10" tube or pan. Spread batter to even out top.
11. Bake for 45 minutes or until cake feels spongy to the touch.
12. Remove cake from oven and carefully invert pan onto a cooling rack. Do not remove cake from pan until completely cooled.
13. Once cake has cooled, ran spatula around sides to release cake.
(-) do not have much of the pandan fragrance maybe I should use another type of pandan flavoring which is thicker and green in colour; so I can do away with the green colouring. My mom suggest that perhaps i should try to squeeze the juice from the actual pandan leave (!)
(-) Nice and bloated when baking but somehow collapses after cooling.
(+) cake is really light and fluffy
(+) Not too sweet
(+) Effort is well appreciated :)
(=) Will make a second attempt