Thursday, January 1, 2009

Auf Widersehen 2008!

My last meal for 2008 was at Forlino. The Italian restaurant is strategically situated by the Singapore River, right behind the Merlion. I guess it would have to be one of the best dinner reservation which offered a spectacular view of the fireworks at Marina Bay where the biggest 2009 New Year countdown was held.

The menu for the evening consisted of five dishes with a choice of either venison or lobster for the main course.
Focaccia (a flat oven baked Italian bread)

Tasted like mashed raw prawns topped with caviar...yucks!

Cheese risotto topped with edible gold leaflet

Main course choice 1 - Venison with Goose Liver (The venison tasted very much like Goulash and I would have preferred the latter where the rich sauce provides an excellent dip for bread)


Main course choice 2 - Lobster
(The lobster was wonderfully done and the meat tasted so sweet!)

Dessert
(The wine soaked pear reminded me of the Gluhwein served in Germany/Austria during winter)


To be quite honest, I only enjoyed the focaccia, risotto, goose liver and lobster. Although everything came in small portions, I was pretty full half-way through the main course. For the exorbitant price charged and the fact that I didn't managed to finish most of the dishes, I doubt I'll be returning to the restaurant at all.

No comments: