Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Semmelknödel with Schinken in RindSuppe

I was never a fan of knödel, of any kind, to begin with. So to be honest, I was not especially thrilled to be presented with 5 knödels on a fine Sunday afternoon. The knödels I received were essentially bread dumplings with bits of hams incorporated in it.

After having lazed around for most part of the Sunday, I decided to finish up these dumplings on the very same day, served in a beef-based soup for a light dinner - the traditional Austrian way.

The preparation was simple with the dethawing of the frozen dumplings, heating up of the soup and finally throwing the dumplings into the boiling soup. The soup was then garnished with some chopped chives before serving.

And guess what?!?! I liked it! I really, honestly enjoyed it!

Thumbs-up to Werner for a job well done! :)

No comments: