bacon strips (I only had ham but bacon would be recommended)
pasta (cooked in a pot of salted water and drained)
grated parmesan cheese
sliced garlic (optional)
(1) Fry onions and garlic in olive oil.
(2) Lower the heat and add the bacon strips. Stir fry till golden brown.
(3) Meanwhile, add grated parmesan cheese to the egg. If you prefer a wet carbonara, moderate amount of milk can be added as well.
(4) Add the pasta and egg mixture into the pan.
(5) Stir in the yolk.
(6) Cook for ~ 1 minute until the eggs are dried.
(+) It's easy and tasty!
(+) No cream of any type if needed which makes it that little bit less fattening.