Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nepal By Foot - Day 08

This is the last day of the Jomsom - Muktinath eight days trek. This entire trek would probably be the longest distance I'll ever travel in my entire life.

Early in the morning, the haze lifted a little and I could see the beautiful distant snow-capped mountain ranges.



It was still bitterly cold in the morning despite the middle of March. The ground was dusted with a light sprinkle of ice and everything seemed frozen in time.


As the sun rises high above the horizon, animals came out to graze and I devoured my last Nepali apple while savouring the awesome view of the valley.


I had a good lunch of tomato sphagetti and looking back, it was a coincidence that I ordered the same dish for dinner on my first day of trek. Interesting how things come full circle.


I'll miss the simplicity of life as I encountered during the eight days trek - the people, the environment and the way of life.


In the early hours of the following morning, I boarded the Yeti domestic flight for yet another experience awaiting me in Kathmandu.

No comments: