Beginning of this year, I attended the Chinese New Year Pastry course from Creative Culinaire by Chef Judy Koh. The lesson taught us how to bake the Chinese New Year 'Must-Have' - Pineapple Tarts and Almond Blossom cookies. However, Chef Judy Koh was also very generous to share with us the simple recipe of these delicious Almond Tuiles.
100g egg white
100g plain flour
100g icing sugar
(1) Cream the butter and sugar
(2) Add the egg white and plain flour. Mix well.
(3) Spread the batter very thinly on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper
(4) Sprinkle roasted alomnd flakes on the batter
(5) Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 5-10 mins
(6) Once cooled, store in air-tight containers immediately because these tuiles absorb moisture very fast and it can become soft if leave to cool for too long.
(+) Batter is extremely simple to make
(-) It can be a challenge to spread the batter evenly on the baking tray so that the tuiles get an even light brown colour when it's done
(=) For the price these tuiles are selling outside, it's definitely worth to make it yourself at home!