Monday, October 15, 2007

Virtual Kitchen in Facebook

Facebook is THE thing in the internet nowadays.

I was a member of Facebook some months back after being invited by a friend to view some photos which she has uploaded there. But I have to admit that I couldn't care less what this Facebook is all about until recently.

The Straits Times wrote about Facebook some weeks back and also posted a photograph of the developer for this application. This was when I started gathering more insights into Facebook. And shortly after, some friends began adding me to their "Friends List". So I started acknowledging these invitations and it was not long before I had sheeps thrown at me, tequila treats, cookies and virtual eggs sent to me. Perhaps as a form of retaliation, I started hosing some of my friends down and managed to Karate Chop others who have Kicked me in the butt.

I can't day I'm addicted to Facebook but whenever I'm online, I'll make the extra effort to check for new invitations or notifications - in case someone decides to headbutt me again...

And I found this real cool application which I added to my Facebook account - Create Your Own Virtual Kitchen! I have 1000 coins allocated to me on a daily basis and after a few days, I managed to puchase some decent add-ons to furnish my virtual kitchen. Check out the green KitchenAid mixer on the kitchen top! :)

No comments: