Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Duck Shred Porridge

I have been having too much good food since my mother came back. So today, I decided to 'detox' a little by cooking porridge with shreds of duck meat for lunch.


Duck Shred Porridge


Ingredients:

1/2 cup rice (using those rice cups)
1 egg
duck meat, shredded
pepper
1/4 chicken stock cube


Method:
(1) Wash the rice with water a couple of times before filling the pot with water. The quantity of water should cover the rice completely. I like my porridge to be more mashy so I added more water.

(2) Add the shredded duck meat.

(3) Add the chicken stock cube.

(4) Once the rice is soft to the consistency you want, beat an egg and stir it in.

(5) Add a dash of pepper and it is ready to be served.


Verdict:
(+) simple to cook
(+) no fat

(=) My all-time favourite!

No comments: