Nutella Swiss Roll
1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
nutella jam for spreading
icing sugar for dusting (optional)
(1) Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12" x 8" pan with parchment paper.
(2) Combine eggs and sugar in a bowl. Beat with a handheld electric mixer until thick and mousse-like. When the beaters are lifted, a trail should remain on the surfface of the mixture for at least 15 secs.
(3) Sift flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Carefully fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until incorporated.
(4) Spoon into the prepared pan, spread evenly to the edges and bake for 10 - 12 mins, or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed.
(5) Spread a sheet of baking paper on a flat surface, sprinkle it with granulated sugar, then invert the cake on it. Peel off the parchment paper. Roll up the cake while still warm. Let cool for 5 mins with seam side down.
(6) Unroll the cake. Neatly trim the edges of the cake. Spread the cake with nutella and roll it up again. Let cool completely.
(+) No butter is required for this recipe!
(+) Extremely fast to make!
(-) The swissroll taste a little dry and it sticks to the knife while I was trying to trim the edges.
(=) Nevertheless, it still tastes good especially with nutella as the filling!