Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbs poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1+1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
zest of one lemon
1 cup plain yoghurt (do not use non-fat yoghurt)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
(1) Preheat oven to 180°C and place rack in center of oven. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
(2) In a small bowl, whisk or stir together the flour, poppy seeds, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
(3) With a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
(4) Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
(5) Beat in the lemon zest, yoghurt and vanilla until well blended.
(6) Stir in the flour mixture until just moistened. Do not overmix.
(7) Spoon the batter using either 2 spoons or an ice-cream scoop in to the prepared muffin pan and bake for 18-20 mins or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If making jumbo muffins, increase baking time to ~25 mins)
(8) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 5 mins before removing from pan.
(+) Excellent recipe. It's easy to follow through the recipe and yet yields yummy-licious muffins!
(=) If an occasion requires me to bake muffins, this will be my number One choice!